Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Ode to Taylor Swift

Today I’m going to pay homage to a wonderfully talented woman.  Taylor Swift, I salute you.  After downloading and listening to every song on her new album “Speak Now”, all I have to say is “are there REALLY still guys out there that will date you? Honestly?” Even more importantly “are there really girls out there who will steal a guy away from Taylor?” (See track 10, “Better than Revenge”). I love her spunk and snarky lyrics (thank you Joanna for getting the word snarky in my head all day yesterday).  She’s really proving that she’s a big girl now and all grown up.  Love you Tay Tay.  But aside from her awesome songs, I love Taylor for a bigger, more important reason.  I’m not sure why, but when Keelyn is in full blown car seat melt down while we are driving somewhere, the ONLY thing that makes her stop screaming is if we sing Taylor’s “Our Song” track at the top of our lungs.  Keelyn stops crying and starts singing along.  (We have tried other songs. Some are marginally successful, but “Our Song” works EVERY time.) I think Keelyn is going to be a singer someday.  Let’s hope she doesn’t get her vocal abilities from her mom or dad! Wow it’s entertaining let me tell you… Here’s to you Taylor – we appreciate your ballsy, catchy, girl power songs but more importantly, THANK YOU for writing a song that can calm our little Fussy Gussy.

No comments:

Post a Comment