So I have been blessed. And I have been lucky... I have a wonderful and beautiful and super cute little stinker who I gave birth to (unexpectedly 3 weeks early) in June of this year. She has been an amazing napper and has slept through the night since she was 6 weeks old. All that changed the week I decided to "re-start" my 5 remaining months of an exercise class that meets at 5:30 AM lovingly called "boot camp". Let me tell you, it is HARD CORE... For the last two weeks, I have been like a kid approaching Christmas (or the first day of school, that's a little less fun so lets go with that!). The anticipation has been growing along with the pit in my stomach - and a baby who decides she wants to stop sleeping through the night! GREAT! Love the four month growth spurt. Awesome timing. Well, today was my very first day of boot camp and I need to give a big kudo to my amazing husband Kyle (who has the metabolism of a cheetah by the way) for waking up with Keelyn at 3:30 and staying up with her almost until I got up at 5. Way to go honey - love you!
Ok - so got a decent night's sleep and decided to hit the park with all I had this morning. After 50 minutes and burning 758 calories (tracked with my Polar6), I hobbled to the car and made my way home. Success! I didn't die! I thought about throwing up. I thought about quitting. But I didn't! That's the most important step right? Getting started? The weight loss countdown has begun. Excited about taking measurements tonight. Hoping that by posting progress here, it will help keep me accountable. :)
If this round of boot camp is anything like last year, (another story - started boot camp, paid for 6 months, 4 weeks in found out I was 8 weeks pregnant!), there will be some pretty memorable stories. I think the best memory was getting stuck on the toliet and being too sore to move. I was there for 20 minutes before I was able to basically roll off! No lie. True Story.
Anyone else in this post-baby hate your body slump? I'm going to Florida in June... I will not be fat. 40 lbs is the goal! What's yours?
wow good for you!! coraline is 6 months and i haven't done anything!!
ReplyDeleteI am tring to loose too! My baby is a year older than yours and I still have 15 to loose. Pretty sad because I only gained 25 with her and 17 months later I still have 15 to loose!
ReplyDeleteYou look awesome Robin!
ReplyDelete