Wednesday, December 15, 2010

I'm back! Did you miss me?? Here's a brain dump of things that have been on my mind the last few weeks!

Ok so I've been MIA... I have very good excuses though! I have been super busy crafting away and sewing up a storm and have had a sick baby for much of the last 3 weeks off and on.  I think I have one more solid 10 hour day and I will be finished with my Christmas sewing projects.  All I have left are gifts, and most have to be finished by Saturday, so we will see how this goes!   I also found some really cool fabric at hobby lobby and have an awesome Christmas outfit to make for Keelyn.  I’ll post pics and step by step for it.  If it turns out half as cool as it is in my head, then you will all want one J

My new "project". I have never created a quilt or anything on that magnitude before. Honestly, I'm pretty scared, but excited! "What drove you to make a quilt?" you may ask... Fabric.com and their damn days of Christmas deals! Monday, Amy Butler fabric was on sale.  Like crazy sale. Like $7.63 per sq foot sale! Also, I had a 15% coupon code.  That kind of sale warrants purchasing 22 yards of fabric. Looking at the 22 yards of fabric in my shopping cart, I started to think, Kyle is going to KILL me for this unless I have a really really good project to go along with it.  (TANGENT ALERT: see I can talk about Kyle on here because I doubt he reads this blog. Love you Honey! Tomorrow is our 4 year anniversary and he made reservations at Melting Pot.  I am SO excited! I can’t believe he made reservations. Totally awesome!) Back to the point: I searched Amy Butler.com for some project ideas and found a quilt that is so unique and so cool it totally makes up for the $$$ I spent for fabric.  Here’s the link. http://www.amybutlerdesign.com/pdfs/Bloom_Quilt.pdf See? It’s awesome isn’t it? Anyway, I think it’s going to be an ongoing blog topic.  I want you all (if anyone out there is reading!) to experience the process of making a quilt along with me.  Hopefully it will inspire you to embrace your creative side in doing whatever inspires you.  I plan to make a full size quilt to be used as a bed spread and pillows and window coverings and give this to Keelyn on her birthday.  I hope that it’s something that she cherishes forever. (my mom/grandma/bobi never made me a quilt… or anything that involved a sewing machine! Another Tangent alert – Bobi is Czech for Grandma. See learn something new every day…) Excited to get started! Hurry up mailman!

 So that’s what’s going on with me.  I skipped a few days of bootcamp… Keelyn has a horrid cold and everytime she lays down she wakes herself up because she can’t breathe.  Poor baby.  Put her in her swing last night and she slept all night –was snorty and snory, but slept! I hit up bootcamp this morning and WOW going to be S-O-R-E tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment